Sunday, October 02, 2005

Historical day

Today is a historical day for the inhabitants of Johannisstr. 12. After complaining for one and half years about Germany’s poor juice culture, I have finally blended my first natural, fresh and healthy pear juice. Ok, I know, a pear juice does not sound as exotic and delicious as a maracuyá or lulo juice, but hey, it’s just the beginning…

The first time I thought about preparing my own juice was eight or nine months ago, after I came back from Colombia, where drinking a fresh fruit juice is just as normal as putting up with loud tropical music inside a public tranportation vehicle, but perhaps because it was then winter in Germany, I somehow forgot the issue and devoted myself to hot drinks, such as coffee and glühwein. Now thanks to Sonja, Maren and Dennis, who gave me this really cool blender for my birthday, it’s time for me to get creative in the kitchen…

It doesn't get much better than this...

No comments: