Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I am federal agent Jack Bauer

“Right now, terrorists are plotting to assassinate a presidential candidate, my wife and daughter have been targeted as well, and people that I work with may be involved in both. I'm Federal Agent Jack Bauer. Today is the longest day of my life”

I have always said it and I keep saying it: European TV sucks. For this reason, I have decided to stop zapping channels and spend some money on getting the stuff I like. My latest (and so far only) acquisition has been the first season of the American series “24”. If you want my opinion: this is quality TV..!

I definitely discovered this series very late, since it’s been on air already since 2001 -probably I would have already heard about if I had not left to Italy in that year-, but for those who don’t know about it, it basically tells the story of a desperate man trying to save the life of a US senator running for president –the first African-American candidate with real chances of getting to the White House-, while trying to rescue his family from some kidnappers. The story is told in real-time, so every episode covers one hour of the odyssey. Kerstin and I were so addicted to this thing, that we couldn’t do anything else in our free time, other than watching the 24 episodes almost on a row. Putting all events into perspective, it was surely hell of a day for Jack Bauer… but also a very unproductive week for me and my girlfriend.

No comments: